Below are some items for clients to bear in mind for the 2012 filing season:
- E-Filing – Beginning January, 1, 2011, tax preparers who prepare more than 100 returns must e-file all returns. Our firm routinely prepares more than 100 tax returns. Therefore, we will be filing your 2012 returns using the e-file program for your Federal and State return.
- Engagement Letters – All clients that use our tax preparation services must sign and return the Engagement Letter to our office. This should be done prior to your tax appointment by mailing it to our office, dropping it off at our office, or putting it in with your tax documents. A copy of the Engagement letter can be found below. 2012 Engagement Letter.pdf
- Hours of Operation – Click here to see our tax season hours
- Payment Policy – Payment for completed returns must be made at the time the return is picked up at our office. Our office will not release a return until payment has been received. In the case of a return that is sent through the mail, payment must be received before we can mail the return. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. There will be a 2% surcharge added to credit card payments made over the phone.
- Important Dates – 2/4/13 – We should be able to begin transmitting returns to the IRS & State(s) by this date.
- 4/1/13 - Last day to drop off tax information at our office that we will guarantee the return to be finished by 4/15/13.
- Appointments/Organizers – If you would like an appointment or a client organizer for the tax year 2012, please call or email us at email@example.com by January 31, 2013 and one will be e-mailed to you.